Japanese filmmaker plans mock Nanjing tribunal
TOKYO (AFP) — A Japanese filmmaker who says the Nanjing Massacre never happened said Friday he planned to hold a mock tribunal this summer to prove his view.
"We want to launch the Nanjing international court this summer," director Satoru Mizushima told a press conference where he unveiled his film, "The Truth of Nanking."
"If we can discuss our position fairly, we will never lose," he said, sitting before a huge Japanese rising-sun flag next to nearly 40 supporters.
Mizushima, who runs a satellite television station, said he would invite people who disagree with him, including directors of films that came out last year for the 70th anniversary of the massacre.